Have you tried the Norwex Silver Care Toothbrush? It is great knowing that your toothbrush is sanitizing itself as it dries during this germ-y time of year, without the use of chemicals. The replaceable heads make it an economical product.
|Norwex Silver Care Toothbrush|
On contact with water, the 99.9% Pure Silver Plated Head releases active silver ions that produce a natural and continuous antibacterial process. The unique, replaceable Silver Care Plus Head snaps in and out. The plastic handle is reusable and the head refill can be replaced.
Wet bristles, apply small amount of toothpaste or gel and brush teeth thoroughly. When finished, rinse the brush and leave it to dry. When you rinse the Silver Care toothbrush after each use, the silver covering the head starts a natural self-sanitizing process to prevent the growth of bacteria. When the bristles are dry, the brush is sanitized.
It is recommended to change the head every six months. The Adult-sized Silver Care Toothbrush is recommended for ages 3 and up.
Norwex Kids Silver Care Toothbrush (DISCONTINUED in 2015)
Norwex recently added Kid-Sized Silver Care Toothbrushes as well! Research has shown that the most common bacteria found on toothbrushes are the same ones that cause plaque, cavities and gingivitis, things to which children can be especially prone. Help children begin good oral hygiene practices early, using a Norwex antibacterial Kids Silver Care Toothbrush.
Recommended for kids ages 2 and up, the Silver Care Toothbrush encourages good oral hygiene for kids in their various growing phases. The Silver Care antibacterial toothbrush reduces plaque level. On contact with water, the 999 pure silver covering the toothbrush’s head releases active ions that eliminate 99.9% of the bacteria commonly found on toothbrushes. And with its easy-to-grip handle, kid-friendly design and eye-catching colors, children love using it. The Kids Silver Care Toothbrush has a silver-infused bristle base and soft bristles, and is perfectly sized for small mouths. It is available in 4 different colors, and includes brush cover to prevent filaments from coming into contact with dust or with other brushes.
Key Benefits of using the Kids Silver Care Toothbrush:
- Has antibacterial properties that interrupt the survival of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Helps reduce bacteria by self-sanitizing within hours.
- Compact head facilitates access to pre-molars.
- Soft, flexible bristles clean small teeth gently and effectively.
- Gently curved handle with non-slip grip helps kids learn to hold a toothbrush correctly.
- Kid-friendly design and colors make brushing their teeth something children look forward to.
- Wet the toothbrush, which immediately starts the antibacterial action. Then apply a small amount of toothpaste or gel and brush teeth thoroughly.
- Many dentists recommend the Bass technique when brushing—from down to up for the lower teeth, and from up to down for the upper teeth.
- Rinse the Silver Care toothbrush after each use.
- The brush is sanitized when the bristles have dried completely.
- Use the handy cap to help reduce dust particles between brushing. It’s also convenient for traveling or overnight stays.
- Dentists recommend replacing toothbrushes every three months, or as the bristles wear.
Comparative tests between Silver Care and traditional toothbrushes show reduction level of Streptococcus mutans, the principal cavity-forming bacteria.
The Norwex Silver Care Toothbrush was even featured in People Magazine! Check it out! Celeb-dentist Dr. Arthur Glosman identifies the Norwex Silver Care Toothbrush as one of his faves in the article! Don't let the price scare you - the adult toothbrush comes with two heads, which should last you a full year. Since these toothbrushes self-sanitize themselves, you don't have to worry about tossing it if you get strep, the flu, etc. It's like a brand-new toothbrush every time you brush. The Kids Brushes do not have the replaceable head (since it is a choking hazard) but are less expensive and work just the same!
Why are only the medium toothbrush bristles made of microfiber?
When microfiber is added to the bristles the bristles are medium. Because of this the soft bristles are made of Tynex which has similar qualities to microfiber.
Are the bristles of the Silver Care Toothbrushes antibacterial?
The Silver Care Toothbrushes' bristles remove the plaque and are not antibacterial. The base of the toothbrush which is silver may eliminate bacteria growth and build-up.
Do I need to use toothpaste with the Silver Care Toothbrushes?
The scrubbing motion removes plaque from your teeth. Using toothpaste provides additional benefits depending on the toothpaste you choose. Some benefits of using toothpaste with the Silver Care Toothbrush can be freshening of your breath and desensitizing your teeth.