These laundry detergents all contain 1,4 dioxane (a synthetic oil-based carcinogen) as a filler.
- Ivory Snow & Gentle
- Tide Free
- Gain 2X Ultra
- Cheer Bright Clean Detergent
- Era 2X Ultra
- Arm & Hammer
- Wisk 2X Ultra
- Woolite Complete Detergent
(Source: www.naturalnews.com and Exova, and independent, third party laboratory)
See my laundry detergent comparison chart here: http://www.fastgreenclean.com/2013/10/laundry-detergent-comparison-chart.html
Laundry Detergent Fillers
Fillers are chemicals added to laundry detergent to be used as a binding agent for water and add bulk to the box or bottle of detergent, therefore making you THINK you are getting a better deal at the grocery store. Fillers can account for up to 45% of your laundry detergent. BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!
A few common fillers in your laundry detergent are:
- 1,4 DIOXANE – a synthetic oil-based carcinogen
- GLUTEN – wheat and other grains are used to thicken and extend products
- ALCOHOL – decreases the detergents freezing point and increases solubility
- LIMESTONE & CHALK – calcium-based to work with phosphates to increase suds
- PERFUME & COLOR – covers the smell of chemicals and makes it look “pretty”
FACTS ABOUT FILLERS:
- Fillers are ground down into a very fine sand-like consistency.
- They get stuck in your clothes and “grind” together (with washing and wear) therefore lessening the life of your clothes and making them look faded.
- After just 10 washes, clothes, towels and blankets gain 2% of their weight in detergent residue (fillers and chemicals) and are constantly being absorbed by the skin.
Sources: www.naturalnews.com, www.ehow.com, various internet websites
Norwex Ultra Power Plus has NO fillers, NO fragrance, NO dyes, is biodegradable and septic-safe! Learn more here: http://www.fastgreenclean.com/2013/04/ultra-power-plus-upp.html
TRY THIS AT HOME
- Fill a clear glass with water.
- Add 2 TBSP of a store brand detergent
- Let it sit, undisturbed, for at least 15 minutes.
WHAT DO YOU SEE??
See my results here: http://www.fastgreenclean.com/2013/04/ultra-power-plus-vs-others.html
As always, feel free to contact me with questions regarding any Norwex product. You can shop online by clicking Shop Online above, or directly from my website at http://rebeccalange.norwex.biz. If you'd like to receive my newsletter with Norwex specials, please fill out the contact form here http://rebeccalange.norwex.biz/en_US/customer/subscribe-to-consultant-specials. If you would like to schedule a party, discuss career opportunities at Norwex, or have any questions about our products, I invite you to send me a message here http://rebeccalange.norwex.biz/en_US/customer/about-me